Saturday, July 10, 2010

TRibute to prakash



by Milind Raikar / July 11, 2010 at 1:21pm
Re: tribute to Prakash shetty
Sad news for me too. I had a common friend Mr Sujay Bhobhade whom I met at Swiss and then whenever we met we used to speak about Prakash and our old memories of Sound Company Studio. Sujoy was touring India and I am told on April 26th or 27th 2010 Prakash went to meet him at Khar, There he had this severe attack and then Sujay admitted him at the hospital, later I came to know about this very very sad news . May his soul rest in Peace. Prakash was very supportive Apart from encouraging me to play classical violin concerts , he inspired me to play jazz fusion solos also , once I had this first opportunity to play a Fender bass which was kept at Prakash's studio. I was in heaven after playing that beautiful and the worlds best guitar.

(milind raikar is an acclaimed young violinist from goa, he has toured all across the world giving solo concerts and accompanying the legendary vocalist ganasarawati "kishori amonkar" on his violin)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Milind.. the Fender Stratocasters are now wrung out of wood at a small Chennai based factory in the Madras Export Processing Zone(SEZ)

    ReplyDelete